Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Cigar.com calls this Nicaraguan puro the finest maduro on the market. I must agree. I had this to celebrate as today is officially the beginning of my summer vacation.

This perfecto was wrapped in a maduro wrapper, a process that ages and extends the fermentation process, so a natural sweetness is drawn out of the tobacco leaf. I could taste caramel notes. This blended with medium fillers, makes this cigar a sweet complement to the filet minon wrapped in bacon and a cup of 100% pure kona coffee. It was a great night. The perfecto shape is a personal favorite. Due to the complexity of wrapping this style, it of course comes with a heftier price tag. But at $5.75, it was worth every penny. I most note that this size and shape is unique to Cigar.com, so if you want one you'll have to order from them. But as everyone who reads this blog knows, they are my first choice to buy cigars. Cheap, high quality, quick and friendly service, plus a SATISFACTION GUARANTEE!!! I never had to use the guarantee, and I hope to never use it, but my friend did and they not only gave him a replacement, but more cigars to boot. Cigar.com, you guys rock!

My friend came over and I offered him a La Aroma de Cuba, churchill. He loved it. La Aroma is a rejuvenated brand from Ashton. They take Cuban seeds and replant them in Honduras. It once received a 93 from cigar aficionado. (In case you are wondering, I did smoke this cigar till my fingers burned.)

0 comments: