Saturday, June 21, 2008

Cigar Review: Gurkha Crest

My friends that know me knows that I love my cigars with a kick. Smoothness is always a factor and so is the after taste the next day. Call me a light weight, novice, or what have you, but I do not want to experience my cigar in the morning when I wake up from bed. Gurkha has never failed me, and after a night in Bodega Bay, Gurkha are still batting a 100.

I was a bit leary though. I have been on a Cuban cigar fix so I knew that my next cigar had to be one of my all time favorites. It is like doing karaoke after Michael Buble, the next singer better be good or everyone will notice. Well this Gurkha was not bad as I said. It was a bit on the lighter side though (typical of a Connecticut wrapper). What was not typical was the binder and filler both came from Nicaragua (these regions typically produce stronger, yet blanaced cigars). I would have to say this was a bit unbalanced as it was too light for me. Good nonetheless. However, my particular stick was a bit dry and therefore it burned very unevenly. I actually had to sell my humidor so I have placing a couple smokes in bags. I guess having the Spanish Cedar really helps to give that flavor. I have a couple travel and small humis. I could just use those so I don't damage them before I get a new one. I am picky about my humidors so I am taking my time. The "bad" part is that I have to smoke all of my old stash soon and buy more when I get a new humi. (What a hard life I live...) Enjoy, and if you think that I am off on this commentary, please let me know. I wouldn't mind buying another Gurkha, the Rolls Royce of Cigars.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.