Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Cigar Review: Cusano Corojo 1997

My family and a couple friends (30) to be exact went to Mendocino County to do a little camping. It was great. There is no better way to get away from work than to go to a place that has no cell phone coverage. Plus we escaped 100+ degree weather by going to Mendocino that boasted 76 degrees at the warmest part of the day. Well, there was one thing that made it better. The Cusano Corojo 1997. This full-bodied cigar features a nearly 10 year old Corojo wrapper and is one of the best values in cigars.

I have been a little hesitant to try this cigar bacause of its cheesy design and $5.00 price tag. But after scoring a 91 from Cigar Insider I thought I would give it a try. My buddy and I went into town to check email and sit on the cliffs overlooking the pacific. IT WAS GREAT. Oh the views were good too.

This cigar made its debut in 2004. A dark and smooth blend of wrapper, binder and filler makes this cigar a must try. Cuban seed grown in Ecuador, a Sumatra binder, and Dominican fillers. I also had bias before trying this cigar. I originally thought have so many different tobaccos was due to the maker not having enough or just putting any available/on sale tobacco together. Boy was I wrong. The Cusano Corojo is dark, yet smooth and spicy with a full-body and robust flavor. It has a wet and somewhat sweet finish. Superb Mr. Mike Cusano, superb!

0 comments: