Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Now this is a cigar that I do not frequent too often, but I was a proud recipient of this specimen from co-workers that gave it to me as a gift for the hard work I had given throughout the year. It was a real treat to see that my hard work was recognized, but more importantly, recognized with a fine cigar.

Any day of the weak I will compare a Davidoff to a Cuban. It is the first cigar I ever smoked and the owner of the store was right. I walked in never having the pleasure of a cigar before and I asked the owner, give me a cigar that will make me hooked. We walked out of the humidor, he directed me to a special cabinet where only Davidoffs are kept and he grabbed a $30 stick. I thought for sure he just wanted to make a sale, I mean, what could the difference be with a product going up in smoke? Needless to say, after a few more cigars, a blog, and my wife putting a limit to my new hobby, I was hooked.

This Davidoff Aniversario No. 3 like all Davidoffs are just superbly made. No flaws, no inconsistent burns. The draw is always smooth and easy. But the flavor/smell/taste/even feel before lighting, is just as pleasing till you start burning your fingers at the end. I don't know what it is but Davidoffs always give a little buzz towards the middle that you have to fight a bit. Not a bad thing, but don't try to drive while enhoying one of these beauties. You get a little light headed and just brace yourself to continue because it is so good. This Dominican treat is always a good stand by, if you can call a 15-20 dollar minimum cigar a stand by. Oh in the picture you can see a twin bed in the reflection. I was in a UCLA dorm room when I took the pic. Glad to know that our fine college insitutions are smoke friendly at 1am in the morning.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Glad to hear that you were rewarded with one of the finest cigars in the world--Davidoff! Thanks for sharing your expereinces and keep on enjoying the good life!

Best regards,
Danielle Hawthorne
Brand Manager Davidoff/Zino Classic
Davidoff of Geneva (CT)

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

hi everybody


Just saying hello while I read through the posts


hopefully this is just what im looking for looks like i have a lot to read.

Anonymous said...

Greets dude!

It is my first time here. I just wanted to say hi!