Thursday, April 9, 2009

Cigar Review: Tatuaje Habano VI

I usually buy new cigars in pairs. That way if I like the cigar I have another one to enojy again, or one to give to a less discerning aficionado. This cigar was not the latter. I wish I had bought the whole box!

Blended by newcomer Pete Johnson and the icon Pepin Garcia, this 2003 creation was originally produced in Don Pepin's Miami factory. With the high demand of this cigar, the production of this Nicaraguan puro, (Habano seed, 1999 Corojo wrapper,) was moved to Esteli Nicaragua. This is the cigar that orginally launched Pepin into the spotlight as a master blender. There are many other lines of Tatuaje. Note this one is the Havana VI. There are Tatuaje Miami, La Riqueza, Cabaiguan, and the Tatuaje Exclusivo Verocu which Pete himself calls a Havana VI on steriods.

This cigars burn was even from first lite. A pleasingly thic smoke was consistent with the experience, and was on the medium side of the medium to full spectrum. If you find yourself enjoying this triple seem capped beauty, I am sure you will not be dissapointed. (Perhaps I should mention that Hellam's owner noted this cigar as an after dinner smoke, my tastes are a bit stronger, so I mentioned to him that this was my pre dinner appetizer. So know that about my reviews. But not to be out done, the owner says I don't know strong unless I've tried a triple maduro Camacho...I'll take the dare.)

0 comments: