Thursday, April 3, 2008

I have two Gurkhas, a La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel, two Monte Cristos, and I am in Hawaii!!! I could slap someone. The Monte cristo is what I had tonight. I had the brown label, the original. By no means was this a poor cigar, Monte Cristos are my new favorite, but I have to say that it was almost like I was smoking nothing. The flavor lacked, but all else was present. The draw, the burn, the smoke, the construction, even the aroma was GREAT, but the flavor lacked. Flavor = (my definition) it has an immediate cedary taste due to it aging well in a spanish cedar lined humidor, then the taste of the wrapper after cutting it you can taste the tobacco. It is nice and...like tobacco leaves. Then after lighting it you get the initial taste of all the fillers mixed with the wrapper. WOW!!! This one really lacked. I guess I need a more flavorful cigar.This Friday I hope to try another Philippine pinar. I hope that it aged a bit more now (See previous blog on PI cigar). If not my Spurs loving friend will owe me big time. I hope to add some fine Jamaican Rum to the equation too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking Good Mayne!

Anonymous said...

Yo..the king needs some of that! Holla!