Thursday, April 3, 2008

Gurkha Shaggy. This cigar is just as good as I remembered it. The frist time that I smoked this was in San Diego. It was smooth, very flavorful, and a breeze to light. I can't get over how eventhough you have strong (flavorful) cigar, you can smoke it till your fingers get burned. I enjoyed this cigar on a bench in Marin, overlooking the Golden Gate. It was a great night, the cigar, the scencery, not being at work, hotel is all paid for...the only thing that could make this better is...another cigar.

La Flor Dominicana. This is my all time standby. I love the draw. Since it is a chisel the tappered end fits just right in the mouth. One would think that it would hinder the draw, but it does the opposite. One thing to note though is if you have a firm grip, it could get a bit sunken in where you are holding it. I usually rotate a cigar so that I am not holding the same place too long, but with a chisel you one get to turn it over. But that is a small price to pay for a cigar that cost $6.00 but smokes like a $15 cigar. The smoke is always great with this one. The flavor is just right for my pallet, but I guess too strong for some. Being "double ligero" means that you not only have one spine of the leaf in the cigar, but you have two. Coincidentally, Gurkha sells one with a triple! I dare not try that one. Enjoy, and if you smoke one of these beautys let me know and give a review.

3 comments:

Mike T. said...

I smoked one of these and loved it!

Normally, I go for "medium" cigars. This one is considered to be "full", but the taste is so fantastic that I actually found it easier to smoke than many cigars that are considered less strong.

I agree that at first it was awkward not to be able to rotate it, but that won't stop me from smoking another!

Unknown said...

Hello,

My name is Jordynn, and I am working with a friend to help him grow his cigar website called www.cigarsdirect.com. We feature some of the finest cigars in the world like Opus X, Padron, Anejo's plus many more! Our customer service is second to none and our online reputation proves it! I was hoping that you would take a look at our website and consider adding us to your links section on your website located: www.2cigarsamonth.blogspot.com
and in return we will give you free cigars!

Please let me know if this would be possible! Thanks again for your time and consideration!

Sincerely,

Jordynn Haskins
jordynnhaskins7@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

For the past 3 years, a group of us dads get together for a Father's Day fishing trip(this year we rented a lake house and party boat on Lake Lanier, Ga).

The very 1st year, I noticed that one dad happened to enjoy his downtime as I do...enjoying a sweet aroma while constructing a gravity-defying ash head. That first trip, we exchanged our current smoke de jour and have been doing so ever since. Well this year, he gave me a LaFlor Dominicaca Double Ligero and all I can say is WOW! For a cigar around only $6, it has a great burn (slow and even), and a wonderful full flavor.

He gave me my 1st but it won't be my last. Definitely worth a smoke.