Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sorry I have not posted in a while. I quickly met my quota, and then some, while in Hawaii. But getting back, a couple friends came over and we had a bit of a cigar aficionado reunion. I was even able to trade a stick that I had just recently for this months review. I had the Cuban Cabinet, made by Sol Cubano. It was a great time.


The Cuban Cabinet variety of Sol Cubano hails from the Tabacalera Fernandez factory of Esteli, Nicaragua. Home of Rocky Patel Fusion (which I don't really care for) and the RP Double Maduro. The smoke is beautiful in appearance, boasting a dark Habano Ecuador wrapper that’s thick, leathery, and oily to the touch. Inside, a Cuban-seed mixture of Nicaraguan and Honduran tobaccos unites, resulting in an eventful medium to full-bodied smoke. Layers of spices, strong pepper and earthy undertones greet the palate with each puff, leaving behind dry notes of leather and wood. The finish is strong and robust, completing a fantastic cigar worthy of the finest occasion.

I must admit that at first light I was very tempted to put it away. That peppery taste was very over powering. But time did wonders, and further down the cigar it became more balanced. I hastily made the decision that I would not buy this cigar, but now I must recant that statement.

0 comments: