Sunday, January 27, 2008


My two choices for the first month of the year are a Ligero Sumatran Dominican from Cool Cat and a 5 Miami from Pepin Garcia. I have already spoken on the Cool Cat cigar (see below), so I will now just focus on the 5 Miami. This cigar is advertised as a full bodied smoke. I don't know if my passion for La Flor Dominicanas skewed my pallate, but I found 5 Miami to be mild. This being said I wish not to take any credit away from this amazing cigar built in the El Rey de los Habanos factory in Nicaragua. At first light one can tell that this is a Nicaraguan. It's seeds are taken from Cuba and carefully grown in Nicaragua. Pepin oversees these puros to be expertly balanced with long ligero fillers with a dark corojo wrapper. All this combined to make it a slight spicy, and somewhat peppery, but absolutely smooth and memorable experience. The longer you enjoy this cigar, the more smooth it will get. Discerning aficionados will not be disappointed with this cigar. If you find a box of these, buy them before I do.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks From Soldier In IRAQ

I am currently deployed in Mosul, Iraq. My sister in law sent me a sampler pack so I could properly celebrate the birth of my daughter. We religiously have Saturday Night Smoke out every week and like any gentlemen, I was obligated to share with my bretheren. They were all a big hit! My personal favorite is the Yellow Label. You have certainly got another customer, keep up the good work!
CPT Jeffrey Smith