Monday, June 16, 2008

I am really not a band wangon smoker. I tried for years to stay away from Cohiba for that reason. Ask any newbie smoker and they will just name the first cigar brand that comes to mind...Cohiba. That and since Cohibas are the most imitated cigar, led to me stay away from this brand. Until...My good friend and fellow cigar aficionado just came back from Jamaica. He recounted his visit to an Indian owned cigar shop. As he walked through and was smellign and pinching the cigars the owner came up to him and said these are for real. Then he did the unbelieveable. He reached into a box, took a cigar, cut it and lit it and said, "Here you go, I stand by my products." Not being a sucker for free99, my friend proceeded to smoke the Cuban Churchill, Romeo and Julietta in 10 minutes. He said it was the smoothest cigar that he ever had in his life. My all time favortie was the same brand, and size from Cuba. See an earlier posting for that. So I had to come over and see for myself.

My friend was kind enough to give me a Cohiba, Limited Edition, Cuban! It was hands down the BEST CIGAR I HAD IN MY LIFE!!! If I could cuss I would, it was so great! The draw was perfect from this double corona size. This pinar was Cuban built so you expected that. I did taste it in my mouth for a bit before lighting and it was a dream. If I could I would have just chewed on it like it was gum. The really incredible thing was that after I lit it, it was just as smooth. I could not tell the difference in taste, heat, or flavor. Usually when you lite a cigar, the flavor changes a bit to when it is not lit. Not this Cuban master piece. The smoke was nice and white and the ash would not fall off. It was so smooth and creamy that I really took my time for the first time. Here is my analogy, you know you are experiencing a great meal when half way through the meal you are already thinking about the next day when you can eat this dish again. I was like this with this cigar!!! From the moment I lit it I was already thinking about the next time. Fortunately that next time is TOMORROW! I will let you know how that goes.I smoked it till my fingers got burned.

0 comments: