Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Cigar Review: Litto Gomez Diez

This Dominican Republic puro is smooth from first light to nub. I had the pleasure of enjoying this with my friend Skeet in Monterrey. Walking down the downtown area, I stopped by my favorite cigar shop, Hellams, and then walked to the water front. The cigar only made the experience better.

This full bodied cigar is one that you need to really enjoy slowly. Litto Gomez is famous for calling his cigars a "No more Mr. Nice Guy Cigar" and this cigar lives up to that reputation. I always hear of people saying they taste licorice, chocolate, or flowers. Although I must agree with the chocolate, or cocoa, the rest I am just dumbfounded about. When I smoke a cigar, especially this one, I taste tobacco. And that is what I wanted to taste. So if you are looking for a nice tobacco flavored cigar, you will not be disappointed. If you want licorice or flowers, go to a candy store or a florist. I am sure they can help you out there. (But to completely negate my previous comment: You will notice a peppery and spicy taste at the beginning, but that will dissipate quickly. The sweet spot for the cigar came quickly and never left. Guaranteed finger burner on this one. You'll smoke it till you burn yourself.)

Enjoy the pics I found over the internet. See all that tobacco, I am salivating just looking at it.

0 comments: